Texas Eagle 22(10) Stuck on Status Map

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

printman2000

Engineer
The GPS location of this train shows it still in Fort Worth. However, the schedule shows it has arrived into Dallas and all stops up through Little Rock.

I suppose this could be some technical glitch, but I was wondering if perhaps the locomotive was switched out in Fort Worth and no one told the track-a-train people. So it is still showing the location of the original loco.

Anyone ever seen that happen before?

The GPS location of this train shows it still in Fort Worth. However, the schedule shows it has arrived into Dallas and all stops up through Little Rock.

I suppose this could be some technical glitch, but I was wondering if perhaps the locomotive was switched out in Fort Worth and no one told the track-a-train people. So it is still showing the location of the original loco.

Anyone ever seen that happen before?
Happened to me on the Cardinal in 2014. After the engine swap in WAS 51 continued on but was still shown as being in WAS. Another AUer was tracking me and asked why we were still in WAS. When we got to CVS, I informed the new conductor that the GPS apparently was off and shortly after my AU friend informed me that we were now showing up correctly on the map.

Sounds like it is a good chance my thought was correct.

The bad news is that would mean another bad locomotive on the Texas Eagle. Unless it had two and they left one on Fort Worth as a protect unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back