Taxis at Gallup NM Amtrak station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregoryla

Service Attendant
Does anyone know if taxis are available at the Gallup NM Amtrak station? I'll be arriving on the SW Chief in the morning and then need to get a ride to a car rental agency so I can drive to Durango CO. Alternatively, does anyone know if any of the local car rental agencies will pick up at the Amtrak station? Thanks much.

Gallup is an unstaffed Station. If you Goggle up Taxis in Gallup you will see that there are 3 Cab Companies with Phone Numbers, info etc. Listed.

Im not sure whether they meet the the SWC (#3/#4) or not, but it's a small town and the Chief is often Late so you may want to Call and reserve a Cab when you know about what time you'll be arriving.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure about the car rental places, but it's possible they may! And if they have an Enterprise location there - "We'll pick you up!"! :)
There is an Enterprise rental in Gallup and if your train arrives around 8:30 am Train 4, they should pick you up at the station without any problem. We use Enterprise for most of our car rentals and they have been good about coming quickly to pick you up once you give them a call on arrival.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Enterprise, but one difficulty is that in many locations, they are not open on Sunday, and have short hours on Saturdays and eves of holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back