So many questions (H room, shipping, etc.)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember one time that the train was on a super long delay & we were fed KFC. What happens if someone doesn't like chicken or is a vegetarian? I'm not picky since I like KFC but my husband doesn't like chicken.

Basically you're sorry, out of luck. Amtrak will point to the fine print which says,

Unfortunately, trains are sometimes delayed and food supplies may become limited. If you have special dietary requirements, or a condition such as diabetes, we suggest that you carry sufficient food with you to meet your needs in the event of a delay or other contingency.

Wow, $200 each for coach, $400 for both in sleeper? Same price?

It was $800 for our coach seats compared to $3000 for sleeper.
Looks like a Saver fare for the Den>CHI leg would be about $200, the Value fare is about $225 - both of these are in Coach - The H-Sleeper with the companion runs about $400 ... you have to specify that the H room is going to be shared.

The leg from CHI>LYH has two options that have the H-Sleeper all the way
The 50 Cardinal to the 19 Crescent runs $180 ... $200 ... $755 (H-Sleeper)
The 30 Capitol Limited to the 19 Crescent runs $227 ... $584 (H-Sleeper)

There are two other options but they do not have a sleeper for the entire leg

This price is what the website showed for "Adult with Disability" and "Companion for person with disability"

A regular fare is more in keeping with the prices you mentioned. Also, if you do not specify the H-Room will be shared, the price is much higher as the companion will be assigned their own roomette.

BTW - the $200 for coach is the price for both people ... not $200 each person.

Back