So Cal 101 reopens

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to several posts on Facebook:

Tracks being inspected

CS curtailed at Oakland at least for the next few runs (Apparantly no passengers were affected for whom their origin or destination is Oakland and northward)

CS crew from yesterday spends another day in their hotel in Los Angeles, and today's OBS crew being airlifted home.

According to Amtrak Surfliner tweet (not word-perfect but a paraphrase):

All Surfliner services canceled north of Los Angeles, for now.

Just saw a live (or near live) news report. You could see ties smoldering and/or smoking. When the tracks are inspected and opened I would expect slow orders.

Praying for the firefighters - I have a nephew who is one - it's dangerous down there.

According to a FB post, the Thomas fire (the main fire that caused the mess for Amtrak and Metrolink in the first place) is moving N-NW. CS continues to be curtailed south of Oakland/Emeryville, while the Surfliner north of Los Angeles as well as Metrolink VC Line as well as other Metrolink lines serving the burnt areas are canceled altogether. CS passengers south of OKJ/EMY, however, are being re-accomodated on the San Joaquin+BFD-LAX connector buses.

According to a FB post, the Thomas fire (the main fire that caused the mess for Amtrak and Metrolink in the first place) is moving N-NW. CS continues to be curtailed south of Oakland/Emeryville, while the Surfliner north of Los Angeles as well as Metrolink VC Line as well as other Metrolink lines serving the burnt areas are canceled altogether. CS passengers south of OKJ/EMY, however, are being re-accomodated on the San Joaquin+BFD-LAX connector buses.
Metrolink has been somewhat un-affected as the end point of their Ventura County Line is East Ventura (Montalvo) , not Ventura (VEC). My daily commute on the line this week has been fine and Metrolink has been honoring Amtrak tickets between Los Angeles and Oxnard.

Back