Silver Star and Silver Meteor

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this about the Silvers, but what about the Cardinal. From videos I seen it seems as thought switch it up with this train. So I know weather business class will be towards the front or rear, when I take my trip.

Sleepers are generally on the rear on the cardinal. The only times I’ve ever noticed them on the head end has been when I’ve attached field trips in PVs to the rear. In which case the group was so large we filled two PVs and one Amfleet II coach

Will the sleepers stay in the back till September?

Also does the Meteor have a diner and a cafe car? Or just a diner? Any lounge cars for either?

Will the sleepers stay in the back till September?

Also does the Meteor have a diner and a cafe car? Or just a diner? Any lounge cars for either?

It is likely the sleepers will stay on the rear. Years ago, they were switched seasonally, but in the last few years (at least), they have remained on the rear.

The Meteor has both a diner and a cafe car. The cafe car is the "lounge" car and has tables on both ends of the car.

The cafe car is the "lounge" car and has tables on both ends of the car.

And, it is a pleasant place to stay for awhile. I took my bottle of wine from the dining car to the cafe car to finish it after dinner and enjoyed two--one very lengthy, but pleasant--conversations with a fellow passenger.

Back