Silver Star/Albany

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glensfallsse

Service Attendant
Hope someone has an answer. I'm trying to book the Silver Star from Miami to NYP then on to Albany beginning Aug. 18. The online schedule shows that train getting to NYP around 6 p.m., which would allow me to hop on a late Empire train to Albany that night to finish out the trip. But when I go to book it, it shows the train getting into NYP at 10:46 p.m. and wants to give me a 22-hour layover (I almost booked it that way without realizing they were kicking me to the next day). I can find nothing that indicates a schedule change.

I believe the Star is running 4 hours late on certain days due to CSX track work somewhere in the south. ?NC?

It appears that for August 18th, the only same day connections are from the Silver Meteor, train 98. It also appears that the fares are more than the fares on the Silver Star (train 1092, operating at a later time).

If you could leave Miami on Saturday instead of Sunday both trains leave at their normal times (Sunday - Wed the Star leaves 4 hours later until the track work by CSX is completed)

Also, on the 17th both trains have the same lower fare for coach.

Thanks for these replies. I can't go before Sunday and I'd like to avoid an early morning train, as I am a night worker, but I may not have a choice. That or fly. Should have looked closer at what Amtrak was showing me before I locked in my itinerary to get down there. Oh well.

Back