Silver service 97/98 delayed by derailment

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m tracking 97 into Miami. It is now about 12 hours late. Which probably means the nb star or meteor will be late departing Miami on Sunday 4/14. I’m on 97 departing Monday 4/15. I’m curious as to how this might impact my trip south. Thank you.

I just checked on 97 that was due in Miami yesterday. It still has not arrived. According to train status, it departed FTL 13 hours 46 minutes late. :( I have no idea whether there is extra equipment in Miami. Hopefully so, since today's 98 is scheduled to depart Miami before 97 will actually arrive.
Maybe an Amtrak employee will chime in with some better information.

The first thing they do is move up 92's equipment and add on to protect 98's departure. It is 92 that will be in danger since it may need equipment of 97 to fill in the blanks.

On the NYP end, the trains have a long, overnight turn. However, 97 is the last to go. As such, if 91,19 or 49 need something, they'll take from 97 and back fill it with cars from the shop or take cars off PD98 or PS20.

Additionally, 52(12) was caught in this mess, which made 53(13) turn late. As a result, 52(14) will likely have a late departure.

Last edited:
Back