Silver Meteor time & Capitol Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingee

OBS Chief
Scheduled to leave Ft. Lauderdale at 8:50 a.m. Two questions: Did that train use to leave super early? I thought the last time we were there, it was dark in the morning.

Second: Will they serve breakfast?

Okay, three questions: Isn't it a teenie train station?

Onto Capitol Limited - leaving Chicago at 6:40 p.m. Will they serve dinner or pick up our own at the station? (roomette)

With regard to leaving FTL on the Meteor, yes breakfast is usually served. However, if the train is running late or there is an issue with the diner (both situations I have seen), then there will be no breakfast. The few times I have taken 98 from South Florida in the last 8 years, the times have been similar to the times now.

I do not recall the FTL station as being overly small. I found it comfortable.

In Ft L

With regard to leaving FTL on the Meteor, yes breakfast is usually served. However, if the train is running late or there is an issue with the diner (both situations I have seen), then there will be no breakfast.
"Late" is up to around 9:30am for breakfast. BTW, dinner is up to around an 8:30pm actual boarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back