Silver Meteor almost 5 hrs late?

Discussion in 'Amtrak Rail Discussion' started by TEREB, Jul 15, 2019.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. Jul 15, 2019 #1

TEREB

T

TEREB

Train Attendant

Train 97 left Penn Station just a little late yesterday. Estimated arrival time in Hollywood is now 10:47. Everytime I check, its another hour late. Anyone knows what's going on? At this point, what are the chances if making up even a little time?

dogbert617 likes this.
  2. Jul 15, 2019 #2

JustOnce

J

JustOnce

Train Attendant

I know something went wrong with the lead engine so they wyed the locomotives at Acca Yard in Richmond.

dogbert617 likes this.
  3. Jul 16, 2019 #3

Thirdrail7

T

Thirdrail7

Conductor

Nothing was wrong with the lead unit. They cut it off and wyed it to replace an engine that went to assist disabled 66. Then, there was a medical incident. It also was walloped by traffic and the CSX heat restrictions, which knock 20 mph off the maximum authorized speed, (but not slower than 40mph.)

It adds up.

NSC1109 and dogbert617 like this.
  4. Jul 16, 2019 #4

Qapla

Qapla

Qapla

Service Attendant

On a recent trip back from Tampa on the Silver Star we had a delay at Winter Park due to a medical emergency - they had to pull up from the station with the door across the road so an ambulance could off-load a passenger and take them to a hospital. Even though these delays can be an inconvenience, it is nice to know they are willing and equipped to accommodate such an emergency

dogbert617 likes this.
  5. Jul 16, 2019 #5

iliketrains

iliketrains

iliketrains

Service Attendant

I am curious and was wondering how do you know this detailed information. I certainly believe you but I'm curious also.

dogbert617 likes this.
  6. Jul 16, 2019 #6

Seaboard92

Seaboard92

Seaboard92

Conductor

Easy he is one of the most reliable posters here. And he happens to work for the company.

NSC1109 and dogbert617 like this.
  7. Jul 16, 2019 #7

JustOnce

J

JustOnce

Train Attendant

OK because they borrowed 195(?)'s engine to run 66, they needed to leave an engine back. I was listening to Ashland scanner so I'm familiar with 66's saga. They even shut down the railroad because first responders were in the RoW because someone called 911 from 66. This unfortunately delayed the rescue move (P935 I believe).

I think 97 even had to borrow a pilot to run that section of the wye.