Showers in or around Sacramento Amtrak Station?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The suggestions to scout for nearby gyms and spas with day pass options are on point. That is an excellent recommendation that makes a lot of sense in an era when room rates are outpacing inflation with discounts becoming rarer and more restrictive than ever. Even when I find a good deal on a room it generally comes with a full forfeiture provision that prevents any changes or recovery regardless of the reason or circumstance. I'm less enthusiastic about asking to visit a recently vacated room that has not yet been cleaned. That seems like a rather sketchy solution to me. I'm not sure what sort of hotel would allow such a request but I probably wouldn't want anything to do with them if I knew it was possible.

Back to the "backpacker solution" ...

The type of motel I'm thinking of is probably of the low-cost, non-chain variety. Long distance hikers, who usually sleep in tents, hammocks, three-sided shelters, or "cowboy camp" on the ground in the desert may think they are luxurious.

Many non-hikers would possibly not want to stay overnight there.

However, with a clean towel and some hot water and soap, shampoo, etc. they could probably get by if all they wanted was a shower! You can clean up the bathroom area yourself to make it barely liveable for a few minutes. Beats going showerless. I guess you could ask for a "gently used" room. ;)

There's no hiking trails near the Sac. Amtrak station. I don't think they are any motels. There is a swimming pool at McKinley park, a uber ride to and fro. But, this guy's train left the station years ago. I hope he found that shower or some deodorant.

Back to the "backpacker solution" ...

The type of motel I'm thinking of is probably of the low-cost, non-chain variety. Long distance hikers, who usually sleep in tents, hammocks, three-sided shelters, or "cowboy camp" on the ground in the desert may think they are luxurious.

Many non-hikers would possibly not want to stay overnight there.

However, with a clean towel and some hot water and soap, shampoo, etc. they could probably get by if all they wanted was a shower! You can clean up the bathroom area yourself to make it barely liveable for a few minutes. Beats going showerless. I guess you could ask for a "gently used" room. ;)
There is the Vagabond Hotel not what I consider cheap but for convenience to the station and Old Sacramento it is reasonable. It is right across (-500') the street from the SAC station.

Back