Short-Term Baggage Storage at NY Penn Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dolly,

Wow! This is one that I've never heard of before. :eek:

Thinking quickly, there are only two things that I can think of. One is to have your daughter return to the Orlando station, show her baggage claim checks and explain what happened. Then ask that the station personnel call the NY Station to make some sort of arrangement to allow you to pick up the bags.

Two would be for her to use an Overnight service to mail you the baggage claim tags so that you can present them and claim the bags.

Please it is possible to leave the bag from the day i arrive until next day al the luggage service.

Felipe: understand, this forum is not in any way affiliated with Amtrak... all we do is talk about it.

You will have to contact the company directly to ask the question, 800 - USA - RAIL

Please it is possible to leave the bag from the day i arrive until next day al the luggage service.
If you are checking your bag someplace else and then riding Amtrak to NY City on the train, you can simply "forget" to claim your bag when you arrive into NYC. There is no extra charge for Amtrak holding your suitcase overnight.

However, if you're talking about day checking your bag, which is the main area of discussion for this topic, then technically NO, you are not allowed to leave the bag overnight. I have no idea however what will happen if you fail to claim the bag on the same day. At a minimum, I'm sure that they're going to charge you for a second day of storage. But they could also penalize you with an additional charge, or even send you bag off to a lost & found location. I just don't know what will happen if you fail to reclaim it on the same day.

What are the hours for the baggage storage area? My friends and I are coming in for New Years eve and we have a flight out of Newark early in the morning. Is this open around 3 in the morning?

What are the hours for the baggage storage area? My friends and I are coming in for New Years eve and we have a flight out of Newark early in the morning. Is this open around 3 in the morning?
No, it won't be open at 3AM, so it won't be an option for you. They close at 9:45 PM and don't reopen until 5:15 AM the next morning.

Another question, will the 'Air Train' from Newark Airport to NYP ticket be suitable to use in the Penn baggage storage as we'll have 12 hours after arriving in NY before we have to move on to the airport.

Another question, will the 'Air Train' from Newark Airport to NYP ticket be suitable to use in the Penn baggage storage as we'll have 12 hours after arriving in NY before we have to move on to the airport.
Yes, that ticket would allow you to head to the baggage area and day check your bags.

Must the train ticket be for a train later that same day or can it be for a train that you have just arrived on?

I am arriving in the morning and would like to store my bag for the day until I catch a flight in the evening.

Thanks for your help.
Kiwi,

It can be for any train that day, so you are all set. Just be sure to save your ticket stub, have photo ID, and the required money to pay the fee.
Now 2014- Arriving from Orlando to NYP and need to store my luggage for a few hours until I can meet up with my son. Is the answer to the question above still true? If so, what will it cost to check a bag now.

It's roughly $5.

If your traveling by Sleeper you have access upon arrival (keep and show your ticket) to the ClubAcela First Class lounge that has free baggage storage.

I wouldn't leave my bags in the Lounge in NYP.. That's the last lounge I would do that in. You can check bags to NYP from ORL. One doesn't have to pick up bags right away. I think they start charging storage fees after 24 hours of arrival. Although I'm not sure.

I've never had any problems leaving my bags in the lounge, I've done it (and left my friends bags) for a few hours many times. The staff is good about making sure everyone checks in. The police also come through with their sniffer dogs all the time.

What time does club acela open at NYP? I've got to catch the Cardinal.

I am reviving an old thread here, but I have a friend attending a concert at MSG and she is wondering about the bag storage at NYP.

Can anyone confirm if it does indeed close at 9:45 pm? she said she read somewhere that it was open 24 hours.

Also, an NJT ticket is OK, right? She will be traveling in on NJT.

I really don't know, but it doesn't make sense that it closes at 9:45. There are trains at 2-3 am with checked baggage (#66/67) - how do you check bags or claim bags if it is closed? :huh:
I agree, but AlanB said it on page 2 in 2012 and I normally believe what he posts. :)

I really don't know, but it doesn't make sense that it closes at 9:45. There are trains at 2-3 am with checked baggage (#66/67) - how do you check bags or claim bags if it is closed? :huh:
I agree, but AlanB said it on page 2 in 2012 and I normally believe what he posts. :)
Amtrak says it also on the page for NYP. Baggage room closes at 9:45pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back