Schenectady, NY Parking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeskierInVT

Lead Service Attendant
I plan to take a trip later this month on the Lake Shore Limited out of Schenectady that would involve parking my car at or near the station for two nights (Saturday ~7pm to Monday ~2pm. Amtrak's website (and the NY By Rail Website) lists that overnight parking is not available at the station. There appear to be numerous lots and garages around the station but I've found little info online. I know Albany has a pretty easy parking situation but it would require me to leave work earlier that afternoon since I would be driving down from central Vermont.

Does anyone have any recent firsthand info about overnight parking at or near Schenectady? Thanks in advance.

Almost everything is a payed lot in the area of the station. Most lots are free on weekends. Have not been there since the new station opened, the old station had free parking for Amtrak but very limited.

Never read the fine print on the parking lots, so I am not going to be helpful.

However with your travel dates, you should be able to parking behind the theater for the weekend, and have to pay only for Monday when leaving. There is a hotel next door, so overnight parking will not be unusual. Leave at 2pm-ish should only be one day of fees.

Again not been very helpful, but hopefully this will give you a starting point.

Back