SAVE THE TRAINS!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jccollins

Conductor
This action by Senate leaders to cut Amtrak's request by one third will result in another system shut down threat. There are no guarantees it will work out favorably this time. :unsure:

Let's work to stop the foolishness now. :angry:

Contact your Senators by email now and then call their offices in the morning. It only takes a few seconds to send a line or two encouraging your senators to support Amtrak. EVERY NOTE COUNTS - send one in before it is too late! :(

Use this link for contact information. It has email addresses and the telephone numbers.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_info...enators_cfm.cfm

It only takes a few seconds. I sent the following to my supportive CA senators:

I am writing to urge you to continue your support for full Amtrak funding and the nationwide rail network, including the long distance trains. This is a crucial time for our nation's passenger rail system and anything less than the $1.2 billion will result in a systemwide shutdown. Amtrak serves millions of passengers each year and plays a vital role in transporting people to work and school each and every day. I thank you for your much needed support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back