SanJoaquinRider is now DowneasterPassenger

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DowneasterPassenger

Lead Service Attendant
I am moving from California to Maine (by Amtrak of course) and changing my Amtrak Forum identity. Goodbye to the San Joaquin line after 4 years. Thanks to all the conductors, assistant conductors, LSAs, ticket agents, fellow passengers and all the others who made it a great time. Riding the San Joaquin twice a week helped me build up points for lots of great trips and reach Select Plus status. I went to LA, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Portland Oregon and Portland Maine on AGR rewards trips.

Hello to the Downeaster, my good friend. Looking forward to many adventures with the "self transfer" in Boston. Please be good to me and don't make me prefer the Concord Bus, even though it is faster and more convenient. Can't wait until Freeport/Brunswick service starts, as you have promised in 2012.

Hello also to the NEC again. I know you don't give free coffee refills like they do in the California Cafe, but I love you anyway. Maybe I will upgrade to business class though.

Sincerely,

DowneasterPassenger (aka BostonSelfTransfer aka BackontheNECAgain)

Hello also to the NEC again. I know you don't give free coffee refills like they do in the California Cafe, but I love you anyway. Maybe I will upgrade to business class though.
I'll admit that I haven't tried recently, read within the past year, but prior to that I've gotten free coffee refills on the NEC. You just need to save your cup and reuse it to get free refills.

And welcome to the other coast! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to Red Sox Nation!
tongue.gif
And the home of REAL LOB-STAH and CHOW-DAH!
biggrin.gif

Back