San Antonio stop

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ajbeta

This our 1sr trip on the Texas eagle.  I noticed we have a long change time in San Antonio.   Is it possible to have a grubhub order delivered to the station for us to eat a late dinner 

I don't see why not, but might I ask why you have to transfer in San Antonio at all? What train(s) is/are you taking?

Very nice BBQ one block from station "Smoke".   Opposite the old SP Sunset station. They appreciate Amtrak customers.
There's also a 24/7 Dennys on Commerce only a couple of blocks West after crossing under I37 on the way to the River Walk.

Lots of waiting  Amtrak passengers,tourists and street people hang out there @ night!

Do you know what their hours are?  And as you leave the Amtrak station is this place on the way to the River Walk and Denny's or in the opposite direction?
From https://smokedowntown.com/...

1168 E COMMERCE SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS 78205
(210) 253-9642
MON-THURS 11AM-10PM
FRI – SAT 11AM – 2AM (Kitchen Closes at 12AM)
BRUNCH SUNDAY 11AM-3PM

---------------------------

Virtually any place that is recommended on AU is going to be heading West and/or Northwest of the station and toward downtown.  The areas South and East of Sunset Station are dead zones at Amtrak's calling times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back