Roomette vs. Superliner bedroom

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amtrak advertises lake shore limited as an east bound train. Go to the site! It's there in plain English. The way you speak then all trains are westbound. And I love that you keep deleting certain things I say because you're protecting your favorite posters on here. I'm allowed to defend myself when someone attacks me.
If you want to prove yourself, Auntie Gail Helen Craig, post a link to Amtrak website that says that the LSL it's a eastbound train rather than an Eastern train.

Thanks for the entertainment. Please consider studying "plain English" before your next post, as everyone else's English seems to be quite plain enough and we would enjoy your induction into the plain English club.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan- then delete the ones with posters telling me to shut the f up. Do you see what I mean? You're allowing certain things to slip by.

Northeast is still East! Again it does not say West. If I want to go to California or Seattle, I'm going to have to take a Superliner. The people calling that woman dumb were in fact wrong because no Viewliner goes that far west. Yes, if you live in New York you would travel on a Viewliner first and then transfer in Chicago to a Superliner but that wasn't the point the OP was making.

Also from Amtrak's site on routes, from the West Train Routes page:

"When riding through the West aboard Amtrak, you'll understand why optimism and opportunity are so much a part of the American spirit. From the Great Plains to the Rocky Mountains to the Pacific coastline, you'll have a ringside seat to some of the most spectacular sights this country has to offer."

Note it says "riding through the West" it does NOT say "riding Westbound". Amtrak knows the difference between "West" and "Westbound". It's too bad Helen/Gail doesn't. Despite this semantic handicap, if she's trying to say "trains in the east have Viewliners, trains in west have Superliners" that is mostly true, of course, with the exception of the Capitol Limited. Too bad she doesn't understand English well enough to express herself properly.

Helen, refresh your browser or reload the page and then look back up this page. There are no posts telling you that! I deleted them just as fast as I deleted yours.

And I'm sorry that you seem to be unable to understand that eastbound is a verb, eastern is not. There is a big difference between those two words, beyond just the letters. They have entirely different meanings. Yes, maybe it is a bit of a nitpicking, but once again Gail was 100% wrong when she said "all eastbound trains are Viewliners." A train running from LA to Chicago is an Eastbound train and it I can assure you has only Superliners.

You, zephyr17, are reading way to much into what I wrote. West is west. Westbound is still going west. And again another man insulting me when I haven't done the same.

Yes, westbound is going west and the LSL, with viewliners, goes west from NYC/Boston to Chicago.

You, zephyr17, are reading way to much into what I wrote. West is west. Westbound is still going west. And again another man insulting me when I haven't done the same.
Yes, westbound is going west and the LSL, with viewliners, goes west from NYC/Boston to Chicago.
And now a women has told you that you're wrong Helen!

Well, you finally understand and said it yourself. "West is west. Westbound is still going west" Of course, going from Los Angeles to Chicago is going eastbound. While still being in the geographical Western US and riding the eastbound Superliner Southwest Chief and passing the westbound Superliner Southwest Chief in your eastbound Superliner train.

Gender has nothing to do with it, and I'd call out the same mistake conflating "west" and "westbound" to anyone. And likely get insulting when insulted by the poster defending a mistake because he or she either couldn't or wouldn't understand the plain English definition of those words. Even if you posted as "Craig".

I've never seen Alan so upset. Ever.

West is not the same as westbound. It simply isn't. I'm about to throw a dictionary at someone.

Albuquerque is in "the West". When I go to Albuquerque from NYC, I am "westbound", but I am not IN THE WEST because I am in NYC, which is on the east coast. How is this hard? You can be in the east on a westbound train, and you can be in the west on an eastbound train.

Who's on first, what's on second, I don't know's on third, and it's time to wrap this thread up.

No way, no how, am I going to mention that I ride viewliners northbound and southbound, not eastbound or westbound. That might really confuse the guest/s.

:help: :help: :hi: :hi: :hi: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :ph34r: :blink: :blush:

This is making me dizzy. East, west, north, south. Meanwhile, Viewliners are stacking up in NY while Superliners are stacking up in LA and EMY. Or is it the other way around? Aargh! I'm just going to pour myself another glass of wine and leave here for awhile. Goodnight Aunty Helen Craig!

I traveled northbound in the South when I returned home from New Orleans. I was on a Viewliner on the Crescent. Did I do wrong?

I think I read that someone else traveled northbound in the South from New Orleans, but she was on the City of New Orleans on a Superliner. Or was she wrong?

Is it possible to travel southbound in the North? I doubt that has ever happened, yet.

Is Morgan Freeman going to discuss this paradox on the Science Channel?

Alan- then delete the ones with posters telling me to shut the f up. Do you see what I mean? You're allowing certain things to slip by.
Northeast is still East! Again it does not say West. If I want to go to California or Seattle, I'm going to have to take a Superliner. The people calling that woman dumb were in fact wrong because no Viewliner goes that far west. Yes, if you live in New York you would travel on a Viewliner first and then transfer in Chicago to a Superliner but that wasn't the point the OP was making.
To date, this is the most accurate post our dear guest has made.

Just leave the suffix "-bound" out off the posts, and they are [generally] fine.

Again, this is a pointless argument! You can ONLY ride a Viewliner if you're going Eastbound and ONLY ride Superliner if you're going Westbound. Why argue and make snooty remarks to those who don't book "roomette with bathroom" if those said people aren't traveling that direction? Dumb- just dumb.
What??!! Viewliners are used on trains in the eastern US where clearances don't allow Superliners. A train is either equipped with Viewliner equipment or Superliner equipment, regardless of the direction it is traveling. Dumb? Well, not knowing facts before calling someone dumb is a bit beyond dumb.
You're wrong dear. What you said makes no sense. Viewliners are ONLY eastbound trains! Superliners go Westbound. I don't care if a train is equipped for a Viewliner or not- that wasn't the point I was making. A lot of people get into arguments on whether or not to get a Viewliner or Superliner Roomette. I AM saying- this is a pointless discussion, because it depends where the person is traveling. Don't believe me? Go to Amtrak's website and put in a trip going Westbound- you won't find ANY Viewliner trains. People are being quick to call me rude, but look at the evidence and responses I have to put up with.
So you are saying if I am heading westbound on the LSL I am riding in a superliner. Boy do you have some learning to do. Last time I looked, just two weeks ago, there are ONLY Viewliners going westbound on the Lake Shore Limited and westbound on all NEC trains. But geez, visually sitting in a viewliner westbound must be a dream. Give it a rest.
Actually the Lake Shore Limited only goes northeast. To New York and Boston and Chicago. Where on the amtrak site does it have a westbound run? Maybe you need to do some research before correcting others.
So let me get this straight, Lake Shore Limited only goes northeast. So when I leave Worcester and head to Chicago I am going northeast. MAYBE YOU SHOULD DO MORE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU CORRECT OTHERS.

June, this may be the same troll we had before. Just ignore anything you see posted by "Helen". And consider any posts by guests as suspect when they "talk" in a similar manner.

June, this may be the same troll we had before. Just ignore anything you see posted by "Helen". And consider any posts by guests as suspect when they "talk" in a similar manner.
Thanks, I was just making sure that they knew that I am not the one who is wrong and I know which way my trains go.

Thanks, I was just making sure that they knew that I am not the one who is wrong and I know which way my trains go.
Sorry - they are NOT the same person. They post from different parts of the country.

But, you advice about responding to these type posts is good. If no one answered, it would just all go away.

Sorry - they are NOT the same person. They post from different parts of the country.
That type of thing is pretty easy to spoof.
Truth. When I post from work in Michigan, my IP address is in the middle of Illinois. I'm constantly having to change sites that auto-update my location to suggest things. I don't care about Groupons in Springfield. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back