Regional BC Drink Issues

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless of our personal preferences, or even regional tastes, the nature of the soft drink business is that in many types of businesses exclusivity is common place. Even smaller restaurants may go exclusive or almost exclusive when a major company gives them the fountain system or display refrigerators in exchange for selling their products. They aren't giving you thousands of dollars in equipment and maintenance to sell the other guys product. If I go into my local pizzeria, it is a coke shop, with the exception of some Snapple. The KFC is Pepsi, not surprising since I think at one time they were owners of their parent.

Well, and especially in terms of the fountain there often isn't the business to really justify having both at your average restaurant.  Sometimes the result is "Coke from the fountain, Pepsi from the bottle" or vice-versa.  The raw amount of business at a supermarket is a lot bigger than that at, say, a local Italian restaurant.

Back