Re-buying a ticket as a rewards member

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEPATrainTraveler

Service Attendant
Back in early August, I bought a ticket for the Hiawatha (MKE to CHI) scheduled for October 29th. I wasn't a rewards member when I bought the ticket. Since then, I joined the rewards and booked two tickets as a rewards member for my upcoming trip in late October (LSL from NYP to CHI and Hiawatha from CHI to MKE). I was wondering if it would be a good idea if I were to cancel my October 29th Hiawatha ticket and then re-buy it so I can earn points for that leg of my trip?

Thanks

Back in early August, I bought a ticket for the Hiawatha (MKE to CHI) scheduled for October 29th. I wasn't a rewards member when I bought the ticket. Since then, I joined the rewards and booked two tickets as a rewards member for my upcoming trip in late October (LSL from NYP to CHI and Hiawatha from CHI to MKE). I was wondering if it would be a good idea if I were to cancel my October 29th Hiawatha ticket and then re-buy it so I can earn points for that leg of my trip?

Thanks
You do not need to "re-buy" your ticket. You just need to call Amtrak and have them add your guest rewards membership number to your Oct. 29 ticket. You do not earn reward points until you actually take the trip and points are awarded after you complete the trip. Again, only thing you need to do is be sure your Guest Rewards number is on ALL your reservations. Simply call Amtrak Guest Rewards and verify that all your trips have your membership number associated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back