Questions about toilets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rees

Hello, I take Amtrak frequently, and I love everything about it, except one thing...the toilets. I find it a bit disgusting to take a dump into an empty tin bowl, is it okay to put some water in there? I never understand why there isn't water in there. I can't stand it when people leave turd stains on the bowl, it would help if there was water in there. Just want to make sure I can put water (enough to cover my turds at least).

Thanks

Hello, I take Amtrak frequently, and I love everything about it, except one thing...the toilets. I find it a bit disgusting to take a dump into an empty tin bowl, is it okay to put some water in there? I never understand why there isn't water in there. I can't stand it when people leave turd stains on the bowl, it would help if there was water in there. Just want to make sure I can put water (enough to cover my turds at least).
Thanks
If you wanna poop into water, go at it.....................But be careful, the water might splash your, in the words of Forrest Gump, ("You can call him 'Forrest Gump'), buttocks.

Thanks
Hope you're never on an 18-hour airline flight across the Pacific, because airline toilets are the same as Amtrak's. If I were you, I'd opt for ignoring any sensitivities so as not to spend your vacation writhing with constipation!!!

Its no big deal. The feces don't touch you and to the person making the movement it usually smells sweet anyway.

I don't believe those toilets were meant to function with a pool of water in them and something unpleasant may splash on you if you decide to add water.

I think we've being pwned by an anonymous guest poster again. Remember babygirl and the sleeping car teddy question? <_<

I don't know what the toilets are like in sleeper cars but in coach they are a bit small. I prefer going to the handicapped ones so there is some legroom.

Dan

I think we've being pwned by an anonymous guest poster again. Remember babygirl and the sleeping car teddy question? <_<
And I thought I was cynical.

:lol: :lol: You just never know what you're going to see on this board! :lol: :lol:

Maybe this is the new toliet paper thread!

GML, you're not cynical-you're just-well, experienced.... :D

Thanks
Interesting inquiry, but no chance of change.

I have, on occasion, added a few cups of water to the bowl after the fact. It does seem to make it easier for everything to pass through the intricate plumbing system. However, to have a pool of water that refreshes within the bowl after every use, as in a regular toilet is unrealistic on a train.

I have, on occasion, added a few cups of water to the bowl after the fact. It does seem to make it easier for everything to pass through the intricate plumbing system. However, to have a pool of water that refreshes within the bowl after every use, as in a regular toilet is unrealistic on a train.
Totally agree; the holding tanks on each car differ but there is not enough water to make some LD trips if there was a waterfall after each flush. Have had lazy SCA's who wouldn't "water up" at major stops and have even run out on the City but think that it was because the equipment came off of the Eagle and Chicago did their usual nothing. It was highlighted by the female SCA telling all the pax, "What do you want me to do?" I hooked up at one of the long stops on the opposite side (Memphis, I think) and she never knew the difference. As a matter of fact she said, "See, it must have been a malfunction in the sytem." Yeah, she got that right but little did she know it was the Amtrak system.

diesteldorf is in the HOUSE, Good to see you!

On the SWC we were shown by the SCA how to add an ice bucket full of water to the H room toilet bowl if the flush was not adequate for the contents to go down. So if the SCAs do it, I guess the system can handle it. I think I recall the SCA recommended using warm water instead of cold, too. Not sure why.

On the SWC we were shown by the SCA how to add an ice bucket full of water to the H room toilet bowl if the flush was not adequate for the contents to go down. So if the SCAs do it, I guess the system can handle it. I think I recall the SCA recommended using warm water instead of cold, too. Not sure why.
Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back