Protect your rights -- Sign the petition

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan

Engineer
I am posting this here today after I created it for members of a similar community that I am a little more active in...it relates to transit fans and recent proposals by the New York MTA and other transit agencies to prohibit them and all others from taking pictures of its stations and equipment. Some of us have already had similar problems taking pictures of Amtrak trains and stations, as well as freight trains.

Obviously, I feel that this is the wrong way to go about securing the transportation network. What it takes is vigilance, attentiveness, and open communication. So, I've started a petition for this other community, but feel that it is equally important for this community because many here aare also active photographers. PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS!

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/notransitpicban/

I read a few days ago that derails have been comming up missing in Texas and Oklahoma. This might have fueled the fire for keeping people away from the tracks. It's sounds kind of dumb for a terrorist to go through all the trouble and risk of stealing a derail to put on a main line and derail a train. There has to be several other easier ways that that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back