Problem updating Amtrak account details online

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjemartin

Train Attendant
Hello,

I recently renewed my NARP Membership for the year. Not sure why I have a different NARP membership number listed in the My Account section of the Amtrak website than what is printed on my NARP membership cards, but anyways when I tried to change it, I get the following error message on Amtrak's website:

Due to a system issue, we are currently unable to process your request. Try again later.
[Error ID: 001CD]

I've been trying at different times during the past week and I keep getting the same error message. I have Windows 10 Pro installed along with the latest versions of Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 11 (I've tried with both browsers), everything is up to date on my computer.

I just would like to know what is wrong? It is tiresome and frustrating to say the very least.

amtrak.JPG

I understand your frustration when a computer is not working. I have never had to show my NARP card, but I don't know if the Amtrak system checks the number against the NARP roster. It seems like it just needs to see a number in that field.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I have had this exact same problem all year. I've logged in with different web browsers from different computers, all with the same frustrating results. I wish I could update my info on the Amtrak app rather than on a PC.

The deployment of the new user interface to amtrak.com has been a case study in sloppy and incompetent execution, and it carries on. Basically the Profile Editing features do not work too much. Can't change telephone, number, nor preferred passenger type.

And funnily, absolutely no one at Amtrak seems to be interested or bothered about any of this. Life merrily goes on.

jis,

Perhaps no one at Amtrak cares about this because Amtrak doesn't want us pesky passengers anymore--we really are a pain for them, the way we complain about picnic boxes and bus bridges
default_tongue.png

We will know they are really serious when they start taking lessons from NJ Transit in how to drive people away.
default_mosking.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Mystic River Dragon. Never had this problem before that ex airline CEO took over Amtrak. He's driving Amtrak straight into the ground

I agree with Mystic River Dragon. Never had this problem before that ex airline CEO took over Amtrak. He's driving Amtrak straight into the ground
Not that Amtrak was exactly flying like Delta Airlines before he came about though
default_tongue.png

People really think Anderson had anything to do with the new website? Sheesh, those airline hater blinders are more blinding than I thought.

No, I don't really think in this case it is Anderson's fault. My comment was tongue-in-cheek about Amtrak in general (plus a chance to get in my daily dig at NJT!
default_tongue.png
)

No, I don't really think in this case it is Anderson's fault. My comment was tongue-in-cheek about Amtrak in general (plus a chance to get in my daily dig at NJT!
default_tongue.png
)
Actually NJT for all its faults, in general does a much better job managing its web presence I think. They do a good job notifying all of those zillion cancellations. Try finding that sort of information in a timely fashion on the Amtrak site
default_wink.png

Had the same problem just putting in my NARP/ARP number in my profile after I joined it.

This I don't lay at Anderson's feet. The website redesign was initiated before him, I think, and most of the problems seem to stem from the new website.

Maybe Anderson would be better served by doing some customer service initiatives than attacking the services.

As an IT professional, my opinion is that a lot of the problems I've encountered (inability to update the NARP number, inability to enter NEXUS card info for cross-border travel on all modes-website, mobile website, mobile app) are just plain sloppy.

Back