Portland to MSP in Six Minutes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SIX minutes - and they said the US doesn't have HSR!
laugh.gif

Boy, that eastern Montana stretch all seems to run together. And with most of the stations on the south side of the tracks, whereas this camera was

facing north, it makes it especially hard to spot distinguishing features. So my guess for Malta is that it's around the 3:13 mark, where the camera

pauses for a few seconds while a freight passes on the opposite track. The station stop presumably taking place "behind" the camera.

Obviously this video was shot during the summer (possibly this month?) but did anyone notice that the train seemed to have arrived in MSP very late?

I counted at least 4 stations stops after the sun came up on the second day before arriving into MSP. That means the sun came up somewhere around

FAR, which is normally a 2:13 AM stop. In the heart of summer, that would mean the train passed through FAR around three hours late. Not unheard

of for the EB, to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, that eastern Montana stretch all seems to run together. And with most of the stations on the south side of the tracks, whereas this camera was

facing north, it makes it especially hard to spot distinguishing features. So my guess for Malta is that it's around the 3:13 mark, where the camera

pauses for a few seconds while a freight passes on the opposite track. The station stop presumably taking place "behind" the camera.

Obviously this video was shot during the summer (possibly this month?) but did anyone notice that the train seemed to have arrived in MSP very late?

I counted at least 4 stations stops after the sun came up on the second day before arriving into MSP. That means the sun came up somewhere around

FAR, which is normally a 2:13 AM stop. In the heart of summer, that would mean the train passed through FAR around three hours late. Not unheard

of for the EB, to be sure.
You can see the station sign, the video pauses for about a frame a little before 3:40!

You can see the station sign, the video pauses for about a frame a little before 3:40!
Okay, I did see that station sign but I couldn't figure out how to freeze the fame at that exact spot so I wasn't able

to read it. I based my guess on what I figured what a long pause after what I guessed to be the Havre stop. Cool

video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back