Points refund, using points on mobile app

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leacrane

Train Attendant
1. I cancelled sleeper ride 2 days before departure, I should get my points back less a penalty, right? how long till they get posted? not showing on acct yet (4 days)

2. I can't figure out how to book with points on android app. can you? or do you have to use desktop site or phone?

TX

You should get 80% of your points back, as there is a standard 10% fee and an additional “close in” fee applying. I’m not sure why those points haven’t posted yet, though. :wacko:

REWARD TICKET MODIFICATIONS & CANCELATIONS

For modifications on one-way, round-trip or multi-segment reward travel, the following will apply:
  • Points difference (to new prevailing fare) will apply in all cases with a 10% points penalty withheld on any fare difference returned to member
  • If modifying a non-sleeper ticket within 24 hours prior to departure, or a sleeper ticket within 14 days prior to departure, an additional "close-in" penalty of 10% of the points redeemed will be collected (waived for Select Executive).
https://www.amtrakguestrewards.com/info/redemptionguidelines

And the iOS app doesn’t allow points bookings, so I imagine the Android version is the same. You almost certainly have to use the desktop site.

Back