Points For Google Wallet

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
For those that might be interested and use Google Wallet (GW), if you add your AGR account right now to GW you'll get 500 AGR points. This offer is limited to the first 10,000 people who register.

More details can be found here.

For those that might be interested and use Google Wallet (GW), if you add your AGR account right now to GW you'll get 500 AGR points. This offer is limited to the first 10,000 people who register.

More details can be found here.
:hi: Thanks Alan, I just Downloaded/Joined in Response to Anthonys Post on Flyer Talk/AGR Forums! (Wonder how long it will take the First 10,000 to Act???) And the 500 Points Posted Instantly! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It wants to scan a barcode to be able to add the loyalty program.

Can we not do that if we don't have our AGR card handy? That would suck.

Edit: Nevermind, I are dumb. Tap on the "skip" button in the iOS app and it lets you put in your AGR number.

Edit Two: And the 500 points are there already. That was easy!

Done!

FYI for those on Android (since it took me a minute to figure it out):
Press on the W logo on the upper left, and then press Loyalty Programs. AGR will be there to add! If your last name is pre-entered when it gets to the verification question, that's normal; it's verifying with your last name and Wallet auto-adds your last name that you have on your Wallet account.

Thanks to a heads up from Jim, I downloaded the app to my iPod touch since I do not have a smart phone. I added AGR without scanning - I just input my number. My last name and point balance showed up. :)

Thanks for the notice, downloaded the app, I just signed up spent thirty seconds with my physical S+ card out realizing there isn't a barcode for the app to scan. Manually inputed my number and the 500 points also posted instantaneously!

I'm still waiting for the 500 additional points to post from the survey I did last week on possible AGR credit card designs(It was a targeted e-mail offer).

The wife just did it too.

It made up for most of the 700 points that she lost last month because she didn't have any paid travel in the appropriate time period.

I feel like I should turn in my AU member card for letting that happening to her. :(

Thanks for the notice, downloaded the app, I just signed up spent thirty seconds with my physical S+ card out realizing there isn't a barcode for the app to scan. Manually inputed my number and the 500 points also posted instantaneously!
Yes, these points are instant. And even if one misses the 10K limit to get 500 points, one can still get 100 points for those that miss the 10K cutoff.

I'm still waiting for the 500 additional points to post from the survey I did last week on possible AGR credit card designs(It was a targeted e-mail offer).
Those points are coming from an AGR partner in effect, so they'll take 4 to 6 weeks to post.

Now the real question is: what exactly can we do with the loyalty card being in Google Wallet?
Good question?

All I can get it to do is show my points balance.

It can also send me to the AGR mobile website as a unqualified guest.

The mobile AGR website is too limited for most of what I need from AGR.

Looking through the rest of the available loyalty programs the selection seems very sparse.

If you have a lot of programs you need to keep track or if you need more information at the ready I'd suggest something a bit more sophisticated like Award Wallet in Android or Apple flavor.

Award Wallet works with AGR and many other programs.

Some airlines have gone out of their way to prevent anybody other than Points.com from being able to access your account information. Which is a shame since Points.com is just shy of useless in many cases.

The 500 points posted immediately without issue once I had the right version installed.

If you use Android and you don't see the option to add a new loyalty program you can manually update the application or set it to auto-update.

Once I was on the right version adding AGR was quick and easy.

The wife just did it too.

It made up for most of the 700 points that she lost last month because she didn't have any paid travel in the appropriate time period.

I feel like I should turn in my AU member card for letting that happening to her. :(
:blush: Shame on you Lt. Stavely! You're on Extra Duty and Restricted to the Ship for Two Weeks! ^_^

I believe that if you use the Mobile App for Amtrak & book travel (at least on Android) you should be able to pay via Google Wallet (this is the way Google wan't you to handle transactions for apps FYI) I would presume that Wallet would also give Amtrak your rewards number. However I'm not booking tickets anytime soon to test this.

peter

I believe that if you use the Mobile App for Amtrak & book travel (at least on Android) you should be able to pay via Google Wallet (this is the way Google wan't you to handle transactions for apps FYI) I would presume that Wallet would also give Amtrak your rewards number. However I'm not booking tickets anytime soon to test this.
I tried to look for a Google Wallet payment option but the Amtrak App failed just before the payment screen with a "system error" leaving me with no method for confirming what the current options were. I typically use the conventional website or the reservations desk, neither of which have given any indication that GW is an option. I'm guessing that this is a relatively minor linking with GW at this point and that the integration isn't that deep. If Amtrak decides to start taking NFC payments onboard I might see more use for this sort of thing in the future. Until then thanks for the points.

Thanks for the heads up Penny. I downloaded it and got my points. Also saw that the Excursion points posted but not the double points for it, yet.

I wasn't sure if I had a Google account but found that I did. And was surprised that a couple of transactions from 2009 showed in the wallet.

I, too, saw an old Google purchase when I downloaded the app. Also.... I received my excursion AGR points and the double points.

I still don't see the double points :( . I'll be patient.
Betty, are you certain that you registered for the Double Points promotion? It's not automatic, you must have first taken the step of registering for the promo on the AGR site. You would have received an email confirming your registration too.

If you didn't register, it's not too late. You can still register through this Friday the 22nd, which is when the promo ends. If you register now, it is retroactive and you'll still get the double points within a day.

I still don't see the double points :( . I'll be patient.
Betty, are you certain that you registered for the Double Points promotion? It's not automatic, you must have first taken the step of registering for the promo on the AGR site. You would have received an email confirming your registration too.

If you didn't register, it's not too late. You can still register through this Friday the 22nd, which is when the promo ends. If you register now, it is retroactive and you'll still get the double points within a day.
I'm registered. All my other one's (gathering & trains to/from PHL) have posted the bonus.

I'm registered. All my other one's (gathering & trains to/from PHL) have posted the bonus.
Ok, give it one day then. I have seen occasions where the bonus points trailed the original trip posting by 24 hours or so. But if they're not in your account by Friday, then something is wrong!

Wow! That WAS instant Anthony, thanks for the tip. Keep up the good work and partnering.

Now, if u could just shake loose some of that Google cash, and convince them to buy-then-refurbish the old SF Highlevels, Amtrak cud have PPC's on every LD train.

(Hey, it' MY recurring dream.....)

Ok, give it one day then. I have seen occasions where the bonus points trailed the original trip posting by 24 hours or so. But if they're not in your account by Friday, then something is wrong!
That's what I'm thinking too, the delay. I will wait. Thanks.

Back