Points For Completing Survey

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. Mine's working as well. It also posted points for surveys I took when I couldn't access my account.
How did you manage to take surveys when you couldn’t access your account?
A long time ago, I had bookmarked the "take a survey" page, and that's what I was able to land on. I think I did 6 or 8 surveys worth about 250 points. However, they did *not* post to my AGR account (which I never had a problem accessing). I was unable to access the "my profile" page showing what surveys I had completed. When it got fixed, the points from those surveys posted to my AGR account, and I was able to access the "my profile" page.

Hope that makes sense.

Interesting. Mine's working as well. It also posted points for surveys I took when I couldn't access my account.
How did you manage to take surveys when you couldn’t access your account?
A long time ago, I had bookmarked the "take a survey" page, and that's what I was able to land on. I think I did 6 or 8 surveys worth about 250 points. However, they did *not* post to my AGR account (which I never had a problem accessing). I was unable to access the "my profile" page showing what surveys I had completed. When it got fixed, the points from those surveys posted to my AGR account, and I was able to access the "my profile" page.
Hope that makes sense.
Makes sense but I never thought of bookmarking the actual “take a survey” page. I was trying to get on through the “my profile” page and totally locked out.....obviously not able to take any surveys during the period that the issues persisted.

Sent from my iPad using Amtrak Forum

Here's the *other* interesting thing:

While this issue was a problem, I couldn't do a booking on Amtrak using points. I got a cryptic message telling me something like "Points redemption is not available. Please call an agent at (phone number)."

That seems to have been resolved as well. No problems looking at booking using points for the last 2 days.

Strange. I’m glad the AGR issue is resolved as soon I’m going to need to research a points trip.

So are these surveys worth doing?
I'm retired, and have plenty of time on my hands. To sit at my computer and spend 20-30 minutes in exchange for 30 points or so is certainly worth it. I try to get 30 points per day. That's 900 a month. Adds up quickly. I've garnered north of 21K points in a year and a half.

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 11.21.35 AM.png

oboy.gif

I think so 2yrs and 47,305 points so far

Well I've decided to try doing some of these surveys. I signed up, but I'm still waiting on the activation email to come through.

Well I've decided to try doing some of these surveys. I signed up, but I'm still waiting on the activation email to come through.
It takes a lot of patience and persistence.

Yeah honestly, I eventually got the email and created my account. I then tried to take a survey for maybe 15 minutes, but each time it said I wasn't for me. I've concluded it was probably my use of a VPN, and because I'm not giving them my actual information, haha no way! So, I closed my account and that was that. Maybe I'll miss out on a few points, but I'd rather keep my personal information private.

If you're worried about giving surveys your private information, but you don't feel right about just making things up, just adapt your personal information in small but insignificant ways. I change my age slightly, use a zipcode from down the road, etc. That way my demographic information is accurate--and I'm not misleading the surveyor--but it couldn't lead someone to my actual identity.

Incidentally, I haven't signed up for this particular survey platform, but I do use e rewards. I bank points there to keep my points and miles from expiring from hotel chains, airlines, etc.

I'm retired, and have plenty of time on my hands. To sit at my computer and spend 20-30 minutes in exchange for 30 points or so is certainly worth it. I try to get 30 points per day. That's 900 a month. Adds up quickly. I've garnered north of 21K points in a year and a half.

View attachment 7917
You don't even have to wait for an email request, just go to 'survey points club' home page and click on find survey.

Thanks! I didn’t know Amtrak had a survey site. I already juggle between a few others depending on what points I need for my next trip. I’ll add this to my list!

Most of time I get thru what I think is the survey then they tell me they already have enough of my demographic. The surveys for Southwest are the same. Now I don’t even bother most of the time.

Back