PO98's Interesting Surprise

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caesar La Rock

OBS Chief
So yesterday, PO98 comes into the Winter Park Amtrak station and I was expecting it to be a usual consist. First time I had fanned Amtrak in a while. However, I was wrong as I found a surprise on the end of PO98. So I gotta ask, how often does this happen?

IMG_20170505_140715.jpg

IMG_20170505_140724.jpg

Oh and yeah, the engine was running too, making all the usual sounds of a genesis as it was notching up.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was far from a typical consist. 2 P42s, sleeper, 4 coaches, lounge, diner, 3 sleepers, baggage car, coach, P42.

The first 2 P42s and sleeper were cut in DC. The last coach and P42 were cut at Palatka. A charter maybe? I don't know.

It rarely happens on the long hauls. It was a special circumstance here.

Dropped off in Palatka for emergency response training, I believe.
So it didn't go as far as I was expecting, nonetheless that was a strange sighting.

It was far from a typical consist. 2 P42s, sleeper, 4 coaches, lounge, diner, 3 sleepers, baggage car, coach, P42.

The first 2 P42s and sleeper were cut in DC. The last coach and P42 were cut at Palatka. A charter maybe? I don't know.

It rarely happens on the long hauls. It was a special circumstance here.
Had to have been the strangest thing I've ever seen in the many times I've fanned Amtrak. These shots almost didn't happen yesterday, as I had to really convince myself to go there, but now I'm glad I did.

Back