Pennsylvanian Business Class

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

William W.

Lead Service Attendant
Is the business class car on the Pennsylvanian the 2x2 NER car, or the 2x1 club-dinette? If it is the former, the Amfleet II coach seating is superior, IMO. If it is the latter, that's another story entirely. I'd definitely pay for that.

Thanks for any answers that you guys can provide.

It is a full car, 2x2 seating. You are most likely better off saving the $$$ and trying to get a seat in one of the Amfleet II coaches. Almost identical seat pitch, plus a leg rest and larger windows

That's unfortunate. Then again, I guess Amtrak likes being able to sell ~60 seats as opposed to ~18. I'm not sure how they can get away with selling an ex-metroliner coach car as a business class car, on trains that run with Amfleet IIs. I guess that people either don't know, or just prefer riding in something called "business class."

I definitely won't pay for business class on any train without the 2x1 configuration (the only exception would probably be the Carolinian, since it runs with Amfleet I coaches).

That's unfortunate. Then again, I guess Amtrak likes being able to sell ~60 seats as opposed to ~18. I'm not sure how they can get away with selling an ex-metroliner coach car as a business class car, on trains that run with Amfleet IIs. I guess that people either don't know, or just prefer riding in something called "business class."

I definitely won't pay for business class on any train without the 2x1 configuration (the only exception would probably be the Carolinian, since it runs with Amfleet I coaches).
In my experience (most recently, two weeks ago), coach class on the Pennsylvanian isn't exclusively Amfleet II. Most of the cars are Amfleet I, with a couple of AF2's used to seat the passengers traveling farthest (although I've had the misfortune of having to ride the entire run in an AF1)

---PCJ

They run 3 Amfleet IIs, 1 Amfleet I coach, and 1 Amfleet I business. No former metroliner is used
Hmm, I was under the impression that the business class cars are ex-Metroliner coaches. Maybe the seats themselves are?

Last edited by a moderator:
They run 3 Amfleet IIs, 1 Amfleet I coach, and 1 Amfleet I business. No former metroliner is used
Hmm, I was under the impression that the business class cars are ex-Metroliner coaches. Maybe the seats themselves are?
Only in the ex Metro Liner cars with 18 seats have the nice 2x1 Seating , the rehabed 60 Seaters are Metro Liner Coaches but are not nearly as comfortable!
Edited to clarify seating!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back