Palmetto schedule change

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received a new eticket for my trip on 90 next week, June 6th. Departure CHS 0750 (2 hrs earlier), arrival RVR 1714 (same time). ***?! Where does the extra 2 hours go? This change seems to start Mon June 3rd. Amtrak says nothing afaict. Does anyone know why this is? Track work?

Last edited:
If you go to the bottom of the Amtrak homepage and click on Service Alerts & Notices and then click on Passenger Advisories, there is this
Track Work Affects Palmetto Train 90
Effective June 3 - 6, 2019
Due to track work being performed by CSX Transportation between Savannah and Florence, Palmetto Train 90 schedule will be adjusted.

Monday, June 3 through Thursday, June 6
  • Palmetto Service: Train 90 will depart Savannah at 6:00 am, 2 hours and 20 minutes earlier than the current schedule.
  • Train 90 will operate the earlier schedule to Florence and wait there for the normally scheduled departure time of 11:39 am.
Pretty much what I thought. I guess we'll get past their work area early and then sit and wait in Florence.

I did get a robo-call from Amtrak yesterday making sure that I had gotten the message about the change. The first thing a couple of days ago was just an email with a new eticket reflecting the change. No explanation in either communication. I had to dig for that. The main thing for me will be food. No diner of course. I'll try to check the cafe menu.

Back