One less question to answer

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulM

Engineer
Apparently, Amtrak.com's reservation page is putting up a cancelled sign when a train is cancelled, not the usual sold out.

For a few days I had been following ORL to WAS departing Feb 1 and 2; and both the Silver Star and Silver Meteor showed sold out. The south bound trips on the same day, not a few days latter, also showed sold out; and it wasn't sold out JAX to WAS. So I concluded it must be track work, not the legendary safety patrol filling up the trains.

Now I see a bus bridge as well as cancelled signs for the SM and SS.

canceled.jpg

I rate this as an improvement, not just another eye candy change I always complain about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea, long overdue.

Although if you put in 2 passengers does it tell you the train is running and increase the sleeper price by $400.......??

I think that showing "canceled" has been up there for a while now (at least a year or so?).

I think that showing "canceled" has been up there for a while now (at least a year or so?).
Yeah, I agree it was probably about a year ago that Amtrak started marking trains cancelled, instead of sold out, when the train was actually cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back