OKC parking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking Amtrak from OKC to NO for Christmas. Anyone know about parking at or near the OKC Amtrak station?

Drive down to Norman and board there as parking in Norman is FREE and safe versus clip joint prices in OKC and in an area that can get dicey. I've left a car almost 2 weeks across from the Norman station, and adding to the safety factor is the County Courthouse and Jail right across the street.

Not exactly sure, but there is a large lot right next to the station that fills up on weekends with folks going to Bricktown. I noticed a self service paybox on that lot.

We stayed at the Renissance Hotel right across the street, the lot was full at night. My guess is that you could contact the company that runs that lot and park there.

There is a lot on the other side of the station, too, but I believe that lot is the lot for the cupcake business located there. There are also several lots for downtown parking that are well within walking distance of the station.

Taking Amtrak from OKC to NO for Christmas. Anyone know about parking at or near the OKC Amtrak station?
First, do you really mean OKC - Oakland Coliseum? Only the Capitol Corridor trains stop there. The Coast Starlight does not. Is it possible you mean OKJ - Oakland Jack London Square?

I'll let folks who live in the area chime in, but I would hesitate to park long-term anywhere near the OKC (Coliseum) station. That is not a great area. For OKC, I would consider using long-term parking at Oakland Airport. You can take the AirBART bus from the airport to the Coliseum BART station (adjacent to the Amtrak OKC station). In addition, I believe there are some BART stations where long-term parking can be pre-arranged. Parking at one of those stations and taking BART to Amtrak would be another option.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, do you really mean OKC - Oakland Coliseum? Only the Capitol Corridor trains stop there. The Coast Starlight does not. Is it possible you mean OKJ - Oakland Jack London Square?

I'll let folks who live in the area chime in, but I would hesitate to park long-term anywhere near the OKC (Coliseum) station. That is not a great area. For OKC, I would consider using long-term parking at Oakland Airport. You can take the AirBART bus from the airport to the Coliseum BART station (adjacent to the Amtrak OKC station). In addition, I believe there are some BART stations where long-term parking can be pre-arranged. Parking at one of those stations and taking BART to Amtrak would be another option.
OKC = Oklahoma City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back