NS 34A puts cars on the ground at Horseshoe Curve

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acela150

Super Buff
NS put about 10 cars on the ground about an hour ago at Horseshoe Curve. If one goes to YouTube and searches Horseshoe Curve a live webcam will pop up.

Main One is passable a 40T passed by at Restricted Speed.

So they put a bunch of empties in the front of a train followed by a pretty heavy load in the back. I guess they have stopped taking simple Physics into consideration in the interest of expediency these days? One gets what one deserves when you do that I guess.

So they put a bunch of empties in the front of a train followed by a pretty heavy load in the back. I guess they have stopped taking simple Physics into consideration in the interest of expediency these days? One gets what one deserves when you do that I guess.
What you say makes sense and explains why I've seen empty gondola cars laying on their side in the desert next to a track coming out of Trona Calif.

The best part is the NS Rule Book states empties should be at the rear. It also states that there can be no more then 29 consecutive empties in a mixed manifest train.

But these days everything is about PSR and getting things where they need to be. I recently saw an article, didn't get a chance to look at it, about PSR and the short term gains vs the long term gains.

I can't believe I'm saying this. They did it AGAIN!!! Another stringline at the Curve today around 4pm. 222 car train NO helpers or DPU. Amtrak luckily was running 45 minutes behind and made it through rather easily it looks like.

Back