Northbound CONO broke down.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh. When that happened to us, we drew a GP40-2W CN was using as a yard switcher. I heard over the radio "Whaddaya mean this engine has a 70 mile per hour maximum?" It got us there... eventually. In your case Kankakee is not ridiculously far from CHI. Given the relatively close distance and the way CN drags their feet on stuff like this I wonder if it would have been faster to grab something out of the facility in Chicago.

That is, provided that CN would permit the light engine movement. I've mentioned elsewhere about CN trumping-up pseudo-technical excuses to hobble Amtrak and other passenger services on their rails, and I'm sure they have such an excuse on tap for this instance. :wacko:

We got underway at 9 am. Didn't take long to get an engine and get going. On a side note. The SCA said they were doing a test program, there was no chef on board. So breakfast was just cereal and yogurt. So disappointing. I was looking forward to scrambled eggs and bacon.

Disgraceful excuse for breakfast! I think I am composing another letter to Mr Boardman. I do understand some of the reasons for this, one of them politicians getting their nose stuck in the business of others. No chef- rubbish!

Is the menu posted online somewhere? A quick glance at the website still shows the basic/national menu.

EDIT: Never mind. I see it in another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on CONO now. See my post in the "July 1st service changes" thread about dinner sucking too. I glanced at the breakfast menu and I'm not sure it's even worth waking up for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back