Normal For Sleepers On Rear And Coach In Front?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize sleepers were on the front on the CS. Any particular reason for this? Is it sleepers-PPC-diner-SSL-coaches? I'll be on it in a couple weeks!

So the CZ is the odd one out (probably because they add another sleeper at Denver?) Didn't know that! :)

So the CZ is the odd one out (probably because they add another sleeper at Denver?) Didn't know that! :)
The extra sleeper for at least two years has run the full journey Chicago to Emeryville and return. Also the sleepers stay at the end of the train when there are only two sleepers. So there is no longer adding and subtracting sleepers in Denver.

Last edited by a moderator:
The extra sleeper for at least two years has run the full journey Chicago to Emeryville and return. Also the sleepers stay at the end of the train when there are only two sleepers. So there is no longer adding and subtracting sleepers in Denver.
Last summer when I rode the CZ in the beginning of June they added a sleeper to the 6 at Denver. I overheard my SCA saying he would have to take care of both sleepers for the duration if the trip (I was in 632 which was the rearmost sleeper until this addition) I thought at the time this was routine, but perhaps there was something else afoot.

Yes. Baggage , trans dorm , 3 sleepers, PPC, Diner SSL 3-4 coaches on Starlight

48 tonight is engines ,Viewliner Baggage, 4820, 4812, 4811, Viewliner Diner, cafe then coaches

Maybe Amtrak does all this shuffling mainly for the entertainment of AU brainiacs, to help keep them off the streets and out of trouble ;)

So is LSL going to have a split Boston section in the joint train west of Albany when the Boston section starts splitting at Albany again? Or is the split of the Boston section already happening again in Albany instead of the separate shuttle? Running the Boston section split between front and back of the joint train certainly would make the shunting at Albany more interesting.

Maybe Amtrak does all this shuffling mainly for the entertainment of AU brainiacs, to help keep them off the streets and out of trouble ;)

So is LSL going to have a split Boston section in the joint train west of Albany when the Boston section starts splitting at Albany again? Or is the split of the Boston section already happening again in Albany instead of the separate shuttle? Running the Boston section split between front and back of the joint train certainly would make the shunting at Albany more interesting.
It can work as a three move drill in ALB if you run 448/449 backwards or they can flip flop it back when 449/448 is restored but that would cause trouble for SSYD with their ADA compliance/equipment swapping dilemma (proper pointing).

As previously indicated,it is not an issue for now. However, I trust

:ph34r:

I saw #20 tonight just outside of ATL in its "new" (since the Viewbags came online anyways) configuration with the sleepers up front. HUGE DIFFERENCE! Even the Phase-III Viewbag didn't stand out nearly so badly with it up front right behind the locomotives. Somehow a train just looks right when the bigger cars are up front, and having less disruption in the lines helped even more!

The ol' Eastern Fleet Flip Flop is apparently in progress. The sleepers and bags are going to the rear while the coaches are going to the front. The vestibules should point to the rear on the coaches.

Standard practice on all Superliner trains is sleepers front and has been for quite awhile. The exception in the recent past has been the California Zephyr, not sure what the practice is on that train these days.

Of course, when a train is split into sections (the Empire Builder and Sunset/Texas Eagle), they put the sleepers of one section (Portland, Chicago)on the rear to avoid having coach passengers walk through the sleepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back