No more Amtrak Credit Cards

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the Paid card then later went to the free card and my wife got her free card.

They screwed over my wife last year. I had to file a complaint with the feds to get them to respond.

This time they did it to me. I've had enough of BoA. Worst customer service. Chase was so good when I called them about an issue.

I planned to close our accounts but I decided not to. We just cut up the cards and there will be no more charges but by keeping them open, it helps keep my credit rating high (822 now) and I am protected from losing my points. I also get the 5% point rebate on the points I use although I won't be getting any more points.

I've just had enough with them.

Just venting.

me_little_me, I have both BofA Cards and had no problems with BofA. On the other hand, I applied for a Chase IHG(Intercontinental, Holiday Inn) Card promising 60,000 bonus points after I spent $1000 in first 90 days, was approved, and received the card. Concerned that my welcome info did not repeat the 60,000 bonus offer, I called Chase and was assured that I would get the 60,000 points after spending $1000. I then charged a surgeon's charge for cataract surgery(over $1000) in August. I never got the 60000 points so I contacted by email IHG rewards, and by phone Chase in December. They simply said I did not sign up for the card under the 60,000 bonus points promotion and, as far as they were concerned, that was that. After being flatly told I would not ever get the 60000 points, I ask to close the card account and they did that with no attempt to ask me to remain a customer. Frankly, it is not a big deal since I only stay in IHG hotels once in a while not even once a year. I am a frequent Hilton Honors customer and American Express HHonors card holder. Second favorite chain is Hyatt. Satisfaction is all in the eyes of the beholder.

I find that which card you have matters. For example, I almost always get faster and better service calling BofA on my Virgin Atlantic account than on my Amtrak one.

Back