NJ Transit to ‘Humanize’ Conductors Who Face Commuter Wrath

Discussion in 'Commuter Rail and Rail Transit Discussion' started by Thirdrail7, Aug 15, 2019 at 3:57 AM.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. Aug 15, 2019 at 3:57 AM #1

Thirdrail7

T

Thirdrail7

Conductor

I guess they've finally realized not everyone is as calm and forgiving as our Mystic River Dragon. :)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...manize-train-conductors-who-face-commuter-ire

Bob Dylan likes this.
  2. Aug 15, 2019 at 11:53 AM #2

AutoTrDvr

A

AutoTrDvr

OBS Chief

I never really had any major issues with the conductors after almost 9 years of riding those trains. Most were quite pleasant. There was only one with which I had any serious issues. In fact, I was part of a group of commuters that took a given outbound train home regularly (and for whom the conductor was the oldest and longest serving conductor at the time). He would always have "student/apprentice" conductors on his train that he would be checking out/certifying. And we would help by playing different "passenger" scenarios to see how the student/apprentice would react. In one case, a student was just about to be certified, but had a fear of making "PA" announcements. Which was OK because the actual assistant conductor (not our friend) was a "Motor Mouth" that always wanted to do the announcements. So for her "final exam" from us, the passenger group, we had her do a "Next station stop" announcement, much to the dismay of that asst. conductor, but it had to be done.

She (student) did very well.

Bob Dylan likes this.
  3. Aug 15, 2019 at 3:22 PM #3

Mystic River Dragon

M

Mystic River Dragon

Conductor

4. Aug 15, 2019 at 3:25 PM #4

Mystic River Dragon

M

Mystic River Dragon

Conductor

Sorry it's all in italics above--I was not quoting myself! Just the first line should have been a quote. I still sometimes mess up the Quote feature.

5. Aug 15, 2019 at 7:24 PM #5

dlagrua

dlagrua

dlagrua

Conductor

We have never had any problems with NJT conductors or or that matter Amtrak conductors. We ride both services often.