NJ Transit humor

Discussion in 'Commuter Rail and Rail Transit Discussion' started by Mystic River Dragon, Jul 17, 2019.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. Jul 17, 2019 #1

Mystic River Dragon

M

Mystic River Dragon

Conductor

This morning, NJT had placed one of its periodic paper newsletters on the train seats. The main headline was (I am not making this up):

"Four Decades of Service, Customers First"

cirdan likes this.
  2. Jul 17, 2019 #2

Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Conductor

Funny stuff Patty!:eek:
    Our Jersey and ex-Jerseyite Members ( including ex-Employees) will get the Irony in this, but believe it or not there are other Transportation Agencies that are just as poorly run and Managed that put out similar Propaganda. ( among them in my personal expierence Washington DC's WMATA and Austin's Cap Metro!!):rolleyes:

Mystic River Dragon likes this.
  3. Jul 18, 2019 #3

Acela150

Acela150

Acela150

Conductor

LMAO!!!!

Bob Dylan likes this.
  4. Jul 19, 2019 #4

me_little_me

m

me_little_me

Conductor

Customers first. The train follows. The customers walk faster than the train so it never hits them.

5. Aug 4, 2019 #5

sttom

s

sttom

Service Attendant

I thought NJ Transit's slogan was "enjoy the journey, should there be one"? Or did my family back east steer me wrong?

6. Aug 4, 2019 #6

AutoTrDvr

A

AutoTrDvr

OBS Chief

Now, understand they did this on a Wednesday during the summer when schools are out and people are starting to go on vacation. So there probably isn't as much crowding and level of ridership that would raise the "snark" factor.... Had they did this on a Monday after Labor Day when the schools are in session and everyone is back from work..... :eek:

7. Aug 8, 2019 #7

Mystic River Dragon

M

Mystic River Dragon

Conductor

Well, actually, I'm the only person I've ever seen even look at the printed newsletter. Most people sit on it, throw it on the floor, or just ignore it in general. So by the end of the day, it is just a pile of trash on the floor of all the trains, creating an eyesore and a slipping hazard.