Newark Penn Station to Secaucus, NJ

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kelli K

Can you tell me the best way to get from Newark Penn Station to Secaucus, NJ, i'm thinking about doing a taxi, but not sure about the fare?

You can do NJT for $4. It takes less than 10 minutes.

That is, of course, you mean Secaucus Junction and not Secaucus the city.

Taxi fare is in the $25-40 neighborhood. You have the option of hailing a cab at Newark Penn or calling ahead to a Secaucus-based company for a pickup.

(New Jersey) Transit trains run almost around the clock from Newark Penn to Secaucus Junction, where you're about three miles from the Plaza Center. There are taxis at Secaucus Junction, as well as local buses like the 2, 78, 124 and 129. Bus fare is $1.50, exact change recommended.

Go to http://www.njtransit.com , and near the left top corner in the Trip Planner type in your origin as Newark Penn Station and type in the address in Secaucus that you are trying to get to, and see what combination of train and bus NJTransit suggests, together with timings of the service. They are pretty good in most cases.

If you're going to Secaucus the city, take PATH to Journal Square and transfer to the 2 bus.
Yep. That will be considerably cheaper.

Oh how I wish we had a unified transit system schedule and route server and fare collection system. But perish the thought.

<sarcasm>Public agencies are apparently prohibited from working with each other or make life easier for their customers.</sarcasm> :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back