New Employee Benefits

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EBFan

Hi -

I'm looking at a job for an Extra Board ticket agent and I was wondering what the vacation time is for a new Amtrak employee. How many weeks do you get, and what is the scale (for example, 2 weeks for the first 5 years, then 3 weeks from 6-10 years, etc). And what about sick time?

Thanks!

EBFan

One nugget of wisdom, IF you go get an interview......... I wouldn't ask about the bene's too much, let then bring it up............

One nugget of wisdom, IF you go get an interview......... I wouldn't ask about the bene's too much, let then bring it up............
I agree wiyh rrdude. :eek:hboy: I would worry about getting the job first! After the job is in the bag you should get a nice little booklet explaining all the benefits. Asking about vacation time / sick days indicates an unwillingness to work. IMO

You get 5 weeks vacation after 25 years~ let your fellow employees answer all the questions because HR takes a dim view of a twenty questions prospective employee.

We MAY have jumped the gun, and are assuming that the OP WOULD ask these questions RE: bene's in an interview. He/She MAY have just been looking for info here on the boards, so they would be better informed during the interview........

EB Fan is just asking a question about vacation. Perhaps he is asking here so he doesn't have to ask in the interview.

To EB Fan:

Take note that this forum is not an Amtrak employee forum. Mostly it's people who have a big interest in Amtrak and rail travel in general, such as myself. However, there are a handful of members of this forum that DO work for Amtrak or other railroads, and they may be able to answer your question. I do hope you get the job though!

sax

EB Fan is just asking a question about vacation. Perhaps he is asking here so he doesn't have to ask in the interview.

sax

BINGO! One likes to know these things beforehand so you DON'T have to ask at the interview! Sorry if you don't know - I just saw some posts by people that worked there.

My have the times changed...we worked 16 hours, seven days a week. maybe we didn't ask about benefits because we didn't have time to use them. :lol:

Hi eb,

I work for amtrak on obs. Our vacation time is one week for one year, not sure about the scale as years go by and we do not receive sick leave. We do have gaurantees per month as far as hours go as long as you don't mark off. Vacation time is based on seniority, you bid for specific times during the year. If you are new to Amtrak, then pretty much holiday vacations are out

Hi eb,

I work for amtrak on obs. Our vacation time is one week for one year, not sure about the scale as years go by and we do not receive sick leave. We do have gaurantees per month as far as hours go as long as you don't mark off. Vacation time is based on seniority, you bid for specific times during the year. If you are new to Amtrak, then pretty much holiday vacations are out

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back