Neat Change At Amtrak.com

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
Well here's a nice new feature from Amtrak.com; I just took this screen shot for Thursday's trains:

cancelled.jpg

I'll agree, this is a nice new feature! Of course, one never wants to see these when making reservations, but it answers the questions that used to pop up of "Why has train X disappeared from my choices?"

I don't know if this is part of the same release or not, but there's also an update to Arrow coming that will allow train status to be displayed when part of the route is in service disruption mode.

I don't know if this is part of the same release or not, but there's also an update to Arrow coming that will allow train status to be displayed when part of the route is in service disruption mode.
This would be a huge win in my book. Kudos to Amtrak for finally tackling this. I'd also like to have more information than just a handful of geo-fence flags to work with. Something more like the live maps used for Union Pacific's excursion trains would be a much better representation of where the train has been, where it is now, where it's going, and when it will get there. All in a format that's easy to use, easy on the eyes, and fun to track.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure what the new changes is?? Looks like any other booking I've done for EB.
TraneMan,

Previously if Amtrak cancelled a train, it just showed up as "Sold Out". Now the system is telling people that the train has been cancelled, as opposed to sold out.

Furthermore, although I haven't found one yet and I admit I didn't go looking, if the train is partially cancelled over part of its run then the page will reflect that too. So for example, back when the EB was having problems, one never knew if the train was really sold out or cancelled. Now the system would report that the train is cancelled over part of its route if for example it was running as far east as Whitefish.

I am not sure what the new changes is?? Looks like any other booking I've done for EB.
TraneMan,

Previously if Amtrak cancelled a train, it just showed up as "Sold Out". Now the system is telling people that the train has been cancelled, as opposed to sold out.

Furthermore, although I haven't found one yet and I admit I didn't go looking, if the train is partially cancelled over part of its run then the page will reflect that too. So for example, back when the EB was having problems, one never knew if the train was really sold out or cancelled. Now the system would report that the train is cancelled over part of its route if for example it was running as far east as Whitefish.
Ok, thanks for pointing that out! Yeah, it was "Sold out" before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back