NE Regional Food Survey

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Iron

Conductor
I received a call, 1/16, asking me about my trip from RVR to WAS that I took for National Train Day this past May. It started with the usual survey about quality/cleanliness but after the verbal survey I was offerd $5.00 to take an online survey about NE Regional food service. Questions centered on how likley you were to ride if paying less for a ticket, approx 10%, and have no food service or pay 10% more for better quality food service.

I can only surmise that Amtrak is looking at changing food service options, either make it better and charge more for tickets or make it go away and charge less per ticket. No question was asked if the pax would pay higher food cost for better quality food or better service, eg, at seat service.

I got one this evening asking about bathroom air filtration systems on the Silver Meteor when I took the train from WAS-RVR back in October. Mind you, they asked me if I'd eaten in the cafe on the Meteor...which I had to respond in the negative to, since I had dinner in the diner next door.

Mind you, bathroom air filters are one of those things that I had to bluntly say that I really didn't care about. I think my words were that "There are a lot of other things that are more important. I picked that train because I can have dinner onboard and because it is convenient, not because of some shiny piece of hardware I didn't even know they'd changed until you told me."

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one this evening asking about bathroom air filtration systems on the Silver Meteor when I took the train from WAS-RVR back in October. Mind you, they asked me if I'd eaten in the cafe on the Meteor...which I had to respond in the negative to, since I had dinner in the diner next door.

Mind you, bathroom air filters are one of those things that I had to bluntly say that I really didn't care about. I think my words were that "There are a lot of other things that are more important. I picked that train because I can have dinner onboard and because it is convenient, not because of some shiny piece of hardware I didn't even know they'd changed until you told me."
That question was driven by the fact they are testing some new air filtration systems in the Amfleet II coaches due to the continued low customer satis. scores regarding bathrooms and bathroom odors.

That question was driven by the fact they are testing some new air filtration systems in the Amfleet II coaches due to the continued low customer satis. scores regarding bathrooms and bathroom odors.
How bout the Amfleet I's?? Sometimes those bathrooms are awful.

How bout the Amfleet I's?? Sometimes those bathrooms are awful.
It may be applied to that eventually. I had read a memo about them doing a test with 3 different types of air filtration systems to see if these remedy the problem. Have not heard anything further...

Bathrooms on amfleet II on Lsl seemed improved. GF and I used them several times throughout the trip even though we were in a sleeper. They were pretty clean throughout the trip. GF said nothing. Though on a trip years ago on the phl-chi Pennsylvanian, she noted bathrooms needing attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
They called 7 months after travel? That seems like it would lead to quite a bit of junk data.
In Amtrak's defense, I did get a survey call shortly after the trip but that was a satisfaction survey. I agree 7 months after the fact is odd since there would be sufficient sampling of pax between RVR-WAS in a matter of a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back