NBC to air story on New Penn Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viewliner

Engineer
Tonight on NBC 4's Newschannel 4 at 11:00 PM will air a story on the New Penn Station, and may provide background on the old station for those of you in the NY Metro area like AlanB. I will tape the story and am excited about it.

Here's a brief summary, I'll give a more detailed one later.

First it talked about searching for some remnants of the original station, which were in the meadowlands, and then the story went on to say how they might try to incorporate some of those in the new station, they also showed the design, etc. At the end the anchor's sympathised with many of us agree that its sad they knocked that magnificant station (probably the greatest ever) down.

I'll post more details later, after I study.

Amfleet said:
Did they say if they were going to use the design with the large glass roof or try to keep it more origional to the old Penn Station?
It looked like they were going to use the glass group, scheduled opening, 2008.

Amfleet said:
I just hope they don't carry the design to far. A 10 story peice of curved glass and steel sticking out of a century old building does not seem all appealing to me.
I agree, no matter what, no station will be as magnifent as the original Pennsylvania Station in my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back