MoDOT Missouri Rail Plan Survey

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

como

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
The Missouri folk may have seen this, but the Missouri Department of Transportation is conducting a survey for the state's rail plan. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NDGMJF7

The survey includes questions on service frequency, expansion of service, and preferences for funding the state's share of the service. Everyone who went to the St. Louis Gathering is a MoDOT stakeholder,so take the survey and click on the option for more frequent Missouri River Runner service!

Thanks for the survey. I filled it out. I'd like to see St. Louis to Springfield service with connections to Tulsa and OKC.
I filled it out as well. I also picked the STL to Springfield and Tulsa as that would mean a route somewhere closer to my house ;) I hate having to drive 3+ hours to KC.

I also listed a STL-Springfield-Tulsa route, because from Tulsa, OKDOT can build a new rail line down to OKC, allowing trains to run from DAL-OKC-TUL-SPF-STL-CHI. That means a new Texas Eagle route!
laugh.gif

I threw in an additional mention for a KCY-DAL connection; though I like the idea of a KCY-Omaha run being added, that seems a bit questionable on its own as an added service. Still, restoring Kansas City as a mini-hub seems to be on their minds.

...and I wish I'd mentioned some sort of eastbound through service to Indianapolis to connect with the Cardinal.

I put the KCY-OMA down as my #2 requested service. I live in Lincoln, NE, but was born and raised in St. Joseph and travel there often to see the family. There are currently only 2 buses daily that run from Omaha to KC, and they are ALWAYS full. I don't know how many times I have been at the St. Joseph bus station, and when the bus gets there, I cant get on because they don't have the space. I do recall a couple of times when I was growing up seeing articles in the St. Joseph News-Press about Amtrak running a couple of test trains through town to do a study of KCY-OMA service, and seeing the trains go through town on the local TV station. Plus, it would be a excellent choice for people that want to transfer between the CZ and Southwest Chief, let alone the hundreds of people that are tired of commuting between St. Joseph and Kansas City every day for work.

I took it and placed KC-OMA service as my #1 priority. It's a natural corridor, has several (full) busses that run it already. A train would be a dream come true. There is a small possibility that Nebraska would throw some operating funds in if it's shown to have a better operating ratio than OMA-LNK would have had and was seriously considered before Omalink threw a hissy fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back