Mobile browsing is now enabled

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony

Founder
Honored Member
The forum software has been upgraded to support a special "mobile" browser layout. Users with Web-enabled mobile phones will find that the forum looks much better in a mobile browser.

In addition, for Apple iPhone users, the Invision Board (IP.Board) App can be downloaded for free from the App Store, and it supports the forum now.

That is all at this time. We believe that a combination of one or both of these mobile options will serve the needs of the community.

Thank you!

Thanks Anthony!
smile.gif
I like it!

BTW: It's called IP.Board Communities in the app store.

My daughter gave me a Google smartphone for Christmas.

Will the App mentioned above work on this phone?

I'm not very saavy with the phone, so any advice will

be appreciated.

The App for Android isn't available yet, however the mobile browser will work in a normal smart phone browser very well. The board software can automatically detect when you're on a smart phone and will switch the skin for you.

The App for Android isn't available yet, however the mobile browser will work in a normal smart phone browser very well. The board software can automatically detect when you're on a smart phone and will switch the skin for you.

Does that affect what skin is being used on the computer, then?

The forum software has been upgraded to support a special "mobile" browser layout. Users with Web-enabled mobile phones will find that the forum looks much better in a mobile browser.

In addition, for Apple iPhone users, the Invision Board (IP.Board) App can be downloaded for free from the App Store, and it supports the forum now.

That is all at this time. We believe that a combination of one or both of these mobile options will serve the needs of the community.

Thank you!
Great work- thank you.

Does that affect what skin is being used on the computer, then?
No, the IP.Board software is smart enough to switch back and forth depending on which browser is detected. I use the mobile skin on my android phone on my own website all the time, when I log in via computer, it switches back to my default skin automatically.

The caveat is, you have to have your browser setting on your phone set to not spoof some other browser. If you leave it default, it should work well.

the stock browser
"Stock" browser?
huh.gif
Does that mean AU is giving Stock Car races now?
huh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Meaning you can download other browsers for Android phones... Opera and Dolphin being the two most popular alternatives. I have tried both and both seem to cause more problems than they solve, so I just reverted to the stock browser in Android (which is a mobile version of Linux's "Konqueror" browser I believe) and everything works fairly well.

Thanks, the App on the iPhone is really sweet. I wish that it had the "view new posts" feature, but even without it, it's a win.
Is there a >> in the upper right corner of the screen? That should have the view new content button in it.

Thanks for implementing this. The site now works well with the browser in my Palm Pre well enough that I don't need any other app. Again, thanks for all the effort that it takes to keep this forum up and running!

Back