Misssing E ticket

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth

Service Attendant
I bought tickets through the website for travel on LSL and the Maple Leaf. I got the LSL tickets, but the email for the Maple Leaf is only an invoice, no ticket attached. I called customer service and they said they would email them again. So far I have not received those emails. Could it have anything to do with part of the travel being in Canada?

I bought tickets through the website for travel on LSL and the Maple Leaf. I got the LSL tickets, but the email for the Maple Leaf is only an invoice, no ticket attached. I called customer service and they said they would email them again. So far I have not received those emails. Could it have anything to do with part of the travel being in Canada?
The Canadian segment is the issue. VIA operates that portion of the trip, and they do not have scanners for Amtrak tickets. A Maple Leaf trip that includes a portion in Canada has to use paper value tickets.

Visiting a station is probably the best choice here.

(Also, I saw "Missing E Ticket" and immediately thought "Uh...ask Disney?")

Had the same issue with a trip that included a bus transfer. We had to call back and they emailed us the reservations with a bar code. We then went to a ticket office and they printed out the paper tickets for us.

Dave

You could also try using a Quik-Trak machine if that's what's available. Placing the bar code under the scanner will start the process. I did it often when I used to get my 10-ride tickets that I'd reserved earlier. The only caveat I have is that I've had the printer fail while printing a "live ticket" and at that point I couldn't get it to reprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back