Minot Depot Renovation

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ispolkom

Engineer
Last year Minot rebuilt the exterior of its 1905 depot, which is still used as the Amtrak station. They rebuilt the gabled roof (why did it seem a good idea to have a flat roof in the 70s?), removed the stucco and refurbished the brick exterior.

This year they're refurbishing the interior, with a $400k grant from the economic stimulus bill. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any plan to take up the linoleum from the original marble floor.

Given the decrepitude of many stations, I'm glad to see my hometown buck the trend.

:rolleyes:

Last year Minot rebuilt the exterior of its 1905 depot, which is still used as the Amtrak station. They rebuilt the gabled roof (why did it seem a good idea to have a flat roof in the 70s?), removed the stucco and refurbished the brick exterior.
This year they're refurbishing the interior, with a $400k grant from the economic stimulus bill. Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any plan to take up the linoleum from the original marble floor.

Given the decrepitude of many stations, I'm glad to see my hometown buck the trend.
At least they didnt tear it down like most towns and build an Amshack!!!!San Antonio turned the oldSP Depot into an "entertainment destination and gourmet dining place", lots of towns doing this they say!

Perhaps more cities will use stimulous money to rebuild their grand old stations too!I look forward to July

when IM on the EB to see this even if it might be in the dark!!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back