Metra's strange delay 12/20

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The UP-Northwest and UP-North lines were delayed for about an hour at the tail-end of the evening rush yesterday due to a vehicle on the tracks near Clybourn. :wacko:

The tracks are elevated near Clybourn. The tracks are elevated from Ogilvie until several miles north of Clybourn. The news reports are that a truck driver drove onto the line because his GPS told him to. :rolleyes: The news reports are fuzzy, however, about exactly where he did this except for "just south of Clybourn." I'd love to know exactly where this genius pulled this first-class *****, to evaluate just how stupid his "dog ate my homework" excuse is.

Because I seriously doubt this dodo's GPS told him to drive onto the train tracks. IMHO, most of these "my GPS told me to" incidents involve the driver doing the right move at the wrong spot due to the driver's mis-perception. For example, if GPS says to turn right onto the next street, which runs parallel to the railway, but the driver mistakes the railway for the street, the GPS did not direct the driver onto the railway.

Back