Metra moving to non-flippable seats...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...so now Metra passengers can join the chorus of CTA passengers kvetching about "horrible" seating arrangements that commuters on other systems have dealt with for decades. :giggle:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-metra-new-seats-20160126-story.html

Read some of the comments for some drama-queen-level grousing. "I'll be motion-sick!" is the new Metra version of "I'll have crotches in my face every day" on the L.

Riders on the Metra Electric Highliners had fixed seats from the early 1970's to the recent delivery of Highliner II's from N/S. There was some initial gripping when the cars went into service, but everybody got used to them. Ironically, the new Highliners have flip-seats at a time when Metra is considering fixed seats for the diesel-hauled trains.

I've heard the last run of the original Highliners will be on Feb. 12. Another railfan site is reporting the last old Highliner train will be the 10:30 a.m. departure from Randolph St. to University Park. Some say that train will flip to the 11:57 a.m. departure from U.P., while others say the equipment will run empty to KYD (the shop facility just south of the 115th Street/Kensington station) for final disposition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back