Luggage storage at SAC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenneth

Service Attendant
I am unable to find how to search old threads. I have a bit of a layover in Sacramento, Hope to go to the Train Museum nearby. I am in a roomette on both trains, but no checked baggage.

Can you check bags for several days? Going to use SAC as a waypoint in 2016. We pack by days,,, and since this will be the last departure point could I check two bags for three days so we don't have to haul them around in the renter to Yosemite?

As a sleeper passenger, I was allowed to daycheck my luggage for free in SAC during my layover between the CS and the CZ. I just brought my bags and tickets to the baggage window. I tipped the guy when I claimed my bags. This was in March 2014.

was there last week cz to cs in a roomette. showed our ticket at the baggage counter and our bags were held for us between trains without charge. also, a sleeper class waiting area to the left of the baggage counter. nice chairs to curl up in

As a sleeper passenger I have also day checked bags for free at the luggage counter. As for relaxing in the area reserved for sleeper passengers: yes the couches are more comfortable than the benches, but the (artificial?) potted plants separating that area from the main waiting area didn't keep out the noise of the jackhammers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back