lost baggage no one helping

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

christine

I just got back from a trip and on return from Florence sc to Philadelphia, Pa one of our suitcases we checked didn't make it off train. The customer service in Philadelphia was beyond rude and barely spoke to us at all/ When we tried to ask what was procedure, how would they contact us, we were given a very rude answer of I am only baggage claim I have nothing to do with the luggage on off train I just get the luggage here. ??? what does that even mean. Finally after just walking away from us and us just following him he filled out a form and said to call in morning. Nothing got better, The person I spoke to in morning acted so surprised I called them and said they would call me if they found it. The suitcase has almost all my daughters clothes in it and some gifts she bought. I am very anxious to get back are belongings. So long story short was told I would get phone call. I did receive call saying luggage was found and would be fed ex to me. I would get call on Monday with tracking number. Quess what. No call. I am really tired of being treated as if I did something wrong, I didn't forget my suitcase I checked it in and I am the one put out and I am being spoken to so rudely and no one as of yet has even said more then three sentences to me. Does anyone know who I can contact or what number I can call beside Philadelphia 30th st station because they are no help at all. At least not baggage claims department. I tried calling tonight after making sure enough time for them to call me so I wouldn't be accussed of not waiting long enough but now no answer. Tahnks for any help

I'm sorry this happened to you. :(

Call 1-800-USA-RAIL and ask for "Customer Relations" once you get a live person. Hopefully, they'll be able to look up the tracking number for you. They can also provide feedback to the station manager.

Thanks, I didn't think that number was for anything besides reservations, I will try it.

Does anyone know who I can contact or what number I can call beside Philadelphia 30th st station because they are no help at all.

Call 1-800-USA-RAIL and ask for "Customer Relations" once you get a live person.
Isn't Customer Relations physically located in the 30th Street Station? At least it was when I had to use them for some help.

Some one called me this morning, my bag will be to me this afternoon.

Wow! Guest poster gets help and the help yeilds results! I'm glad the folks here were able to guide you to getting your bags back, but I'm most grateful that you came back to tell us how it turned out!

I've heard that the folks in Philly are particularly snarky. How do they stay employed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that Philly, the City of Brotherly Love, is where the Iggle Fans Booed and threw Ice Balls @ Santa Claus!

Actually the Attendantscthat work in the Club Acela in 30th Street all seem friendly and helpful!

My nominee for Amtrak's Re-Edication Program are the Chicago and Emeryville Employees!

The guy who works club acela at PHL on Sundays is one of my faves. I think he is originally from Eastern Europe based on his accent perhaps? In any case he is so friendly and helpful.

The guy who works club acela at PHL on Sundays is one of my faves. I think he is originally from Eastern Europe based on his accent perhaps? In any case he is so friendly and helpful.
I THINK his name is nick.. He is a cool guy!
From my years of experience, I think that everyone who work the desk at the ClubAcela in Philly, goes out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. At the other ClubAcela's, the staff seems to be content in simply going their basic job, but no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back