Los Angeles

Discussion in 'West, Alaska and Hawaii' started by WhoozOn1st, Nov 25, 2013.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. Jan 14, 2020 #51

pekcolt

p

pekcolt

There is a fantastic architecture tour given by the LA Conservancy. In about two hours of walking through a lot of downtown we got a great overview of the growth of Los Angeles and quick looks at many architecturally significant buildings. Very knowledgeable guide. I highly recommend this! Other tours are available as well.

Laconservancy.org
    Walking tours.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2020
  2. Jan 14, 2020 #52

Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Conductor

We took this tour and it's a good one! Downtown LA has lots of old fascinating buildings, many of which are being re-purposed.

anumberone and pekcolt like this.
  3. Jan 14, 2020 #53

trainman74

trainman74

trainman74

Conductor

There is a free guided tour once a month: link here. I believe it's the second Sunday of each month -- they still have last year's dates listed.

Looks like they do free guided tours on weekday mornings, if you email in advance to request a time: link here.

They have free guided and self-guided tours available almost every day: link here

I can't speak to the cathedral, but for architecture buffs in downtown L.A., I'd also recommend the Central Library, which has a free guided tour every day (except holidays when the library is closed): link here

anumberone and cirdan like this.
  4. Jan 15, 2020 #54

anumberone

anumberone

anumberone

OBS Chief AU Supporter

The Roosevelt Hotel across the street from the Grauman Chinese Theater is a interesting place that Is worth a look.

cirdan likes this.

Draft saved Draft deleted